Friday, August 07, 2009

There really is no Blue Food

Gorganzola...doesn't really roll off the tongue now does it? And why would it with all that FUZZ. I am not a fan of Blue Cheese in general - I like it IN things but not on it's own. Oh no, that nasty mold just makes my skin not only crawl, but bunch right up and run away!!!EUWWIE. KAK. YUCK.


Now if you mix it into something, say a dressing or sauce - Gorganzola Cream being my absolute fav - so I can't see the offending fuzz - well then okey dokey I'm in. I mean not all blue cheese is fuzzy, I admit, but some have those weird little icky looking blackish chunky bits - hang on I have rub the goose bumps off my arms...Okay, better now, I think I'll just skip the mental visuals for now!

I'm really not adventurous when it comes to food, normally I throw stuff out that has grown hair! SO imagine my surprize - first when I chose this recipe, and second when I absolutely loved it!!!

Pasta with Asparagus and Gorgonzola Sauce

I was just browzing my fav italian cook book - Betty Crocker's Cooking Italian - when the beautiful photo caught my eye. I was sold by the photo and only slightly dismayed when I read the gorgonzola part. I figured if it looked THAT good it had to taste THAT good!

Well, I have made the recipe twice. The first time I skipped the parsley 'cause I was out, ya I know "what a chef" no parsley - sheesh. We really liked it, but I thought well, it could be creamier and it needed, um something.

I decided to try it again, this time using the parsley - should have skipped it, it was pretty strong. I also added the "creamy" that was missing by adding a little pasta water to emulsify things (that's my 50 cent word of the week!). The "something" I thought it needed was a squeeze of fresh lemon juice at the end - perfect. Even with the parsley this one was great! I'll drop the parsley and dub this one a keeper!

** Oh, and I flung some extra gorganzola on top for artistic license!

1 comment:

E. Lee said...

Hi Di. Hilarious post...I love blue cheese, but have to stop 2 seconds short of thinking about where it actually comes from. ;)

Thanks for your encouragement on my friends/winter blogging post. It's so much easier to have a positive attitude when people like you share theirs. Thanks again, and here's to a fantastic 2010!